The holiday season is upon us. We celebrate the holiday season in many different ways. This year, it is going to look a little bit different for many of us as we make difficult decisions about our traditions surrounding travel, gatherings, events, and food.
As the holidays roll in like pumpkins rolling down a lane, let’s look for new ways to celebrate. Travel will most likely be limited due to soaring fuel prices, crowded airports, and other global events. Some of us may not be able to participate in celebrations in our traditional manner or traditions may have already changed due to the challenges of the last two years. Some of us may also not be able to participate due to not feeling safe outside of our homes, so gatherings will probably be much smaller or virtual. Many events may still be canceled or postponed or moved outside.
However, there are quite a few ways that you can be part of a celebration.
Yes, it is possible to continue spreading holiday cheer in 2021. We can still celebrate in other imaginative ways! Here are some great ideas from us:
- Host a Zoom event for a virtual get together
- Hold a drive-by party where people decorate their cars and do a car parade in the neighborhood
- In warm climates, have a Dinner-in-the-Driveway
- Decorate an outdoor tree
- Crochet hats and donate them to homeless shelters
- Have each family member or friend paint a rock with joyful sayings or artwork and drop it on the doorstep or yard of another family member or friend (Use acrylic paints so they withstand the weather and do this each month during the holidays!)
And whatever it is you do for the holiday season, be sure to take some pictures!
Traditional foods will also most probably be modified to be low carb or Keto for the holiday season.
Yes! I bet you anything that you can find Keto recipes for most of your traditional dishes online. Check out our holiday recipe book on the Lipedema Simplified website. You CAN stay low carb or Keto through the holidays!
If you need help doing so, please reach out to us and join our newsletter here!