Monday, September 14, 2020 - Episode 066
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema Symptomatic Assessment Questionnaire
- The first article is titled “Liposuction is an effective treatment for lipedema – results of a study with 25 patients” published in the Journal of the German Society of Dermatology in 2010, by a group of surgeons in Germany.
- Their objective with developing and using this questionnaire was to be able to objectively quantify lipedema symptoms before and after liposuction surgery.
- The second article is titled “Translation, cultural adaptation, and validation of the Lipedema Symptomatic Assessment Questionnaire” published in the journal Brazilian Vascular Journal in August 2020, by a group of clinicians in Brazil.
- This study sought to discover a route cause of lipedema and may have found a potential mechanism.
- Both articles lead me to believe that this questionnaire is easy and fast to use and can be valuable to understanding and quantifying not only the severity of symptoms but how they may change in response to various treatments.