Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - Episode 528
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Low Carb & Lipedema Case Studies
- Today I’d like to tell you about Two papers that detailed a case study of a woman with lipedema using carbohydrate restriction.
- The first paper is by a group of nutritionists in Poland.
- One of the authors, Magdalena Jerzak, will be working with Lipedema Simplified as a keto coach.
- This paper is called: Low-carbohydrate (non-ketogenic diet) – also an effective possible intervention in lipoedema. A case report of the patient.
- It was published in the journal Drugs in Poland in October 2021.
- The second case study paper is out of Italy led by Dr. Roberto Cannataro.
- This paper is titled: Management of Lipedema with Ketogenic Diet: 22-Month Follow-Up.
- Dr. Cannataro has written several papers about using a ketogenic diet for various conditions.
- As you might have guessed, both case studies showed significant results even though the diets used were a little different from each other.