Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - Episode 507
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema as a Social Problem
- Today I’d like to tell you about a study by researchers in Poland. The paper is called: Lipoedema as a Social Problem. A Scoping Review. It was published in the peer-reviewed journal International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health in November 2021.
- The aim of this review was to present the current knowledge about lipedema in a social context.
- This paper exemplified for me the need for more research about the social impact of lipedema on women with this diagnosis.
- Although the data presented in this paper is limited, it gives us a place to start and where we need to go.
- At the Lipedema Project, we hope to contribute to the body of knowledge in this area ourselves.