Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - Episode 493
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Non-Surgical Treatment of Lipedema
- Today I’d like to tell you about a study by Dr. Alexandre Amato, a surgeon in Brazil.
- The paper is called: Lipedema Can Be Treated Non-Surgically: A Report of 5 Cases.
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal American Journal of Case Reports in November 2021.
- Dr. Amato shares 5 case studies of women in each of stages one through four lipedema.
- He describes how they presented on initial evaluation, the non-surgical treatment pursued, and the treatment outcomes for each case.
- This paper is important for women with lipedema because it gives hope to women who may not be able to use surgical intervention.
- Dr. Amato demonstrates that non-surgical interventions can be very successful.