Monday, September 20, 2021 - Episode 436
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Standard of Care for Lipedema in the US
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a committee led by Dr. Karen Herbst.
- The paper is called: Standard of care for lipedema in the United States, which was published in the peer-reviewed journal Phlebology in May 2021.
- The goal of this US committee was to agree on a description of lipedema and write a consensus document for a Standard of Care for the US.
- This paper is important for women with lipedema because this consensus is being promoted as a foundation for uniform treatment guidelines in the US.
- This document may also influence insurance coverage and the allocation of government funds.