Monday, September 13, 2021 - Episode 429
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Differential Diagnoses and Treatment of Lipedema
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a group of surgeons from the Department for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at Trinity Hospital in Wesseling, Germany.
- The title of the paper is Differential diagnoses and treatment of lipedema.
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal Plastic and Aesthetic Research in March 2020.
- The authors state that accurate diagnosis and treatment of lipedema is essential.
- But the differentiation between obesity and lipedema is difficult, as these two different entities often occur together.
- The purposes of this article are to describe the symptoms and treatment options of lipedema and to show how it is distinguished from other diagnoses.