Thursday, July 15, 2021 - Episode 369
By: Prof. Timothy Noakes
Supporting the Dietary Revolution
- Today, I have an excerpt from an interview with Professor Timothy Noakes from our Lipedema and Keto Worldwide Summit that was held in 2017.
- Professor Noakes is a medical doctor as well as a professor of exercise science.
- He wrote the Lore of Running which really promoted the idea of carb loading.
- In this excerpt, Professor Noakes talks about how he changed his own views on nutrition and how the groundswell of change in South Africa is coming from laypeople and not from the doctors.
- He has since written the Real Meal Revolution that promotes the ketogenic diet, or Banting, as they call it in South Africa.
- The Noakes Foundation has produced the Nutrition Network that is helping to educate healthcare providers and the general public about healthy nutrition.
- Professor Noakes also talks about his hope for formidable change in the future.