Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - Episode 304
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema Reduction Surgery: self-report survey
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a group of clinicians and researchers in the US.
- The article is called: Survey Outcomes of Lipedema Reduction Surgery in the United States and was published online in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open medical journal April 2021.
- The aim of this study was to collect data from women with lipedema in the USA who have undergone lipedema reduction surgery in the USA to determine if the quality of life, pain, and other measures improved post-surgery.
- This study gives you an idea of what some common outcomes of lipedema reduction surgery might be.
- If you are considering surgery, it is always good to have as much information as possible.
- Another thing I like about this study is that it is one of few research projects that actually ask women with lipedema what their thoughts, feelings, and impressions are regarding their lipedema and liposuction surgery.