Sunday, February 28, 2021 - Episode 233
By: Dr. Joanna Dudek
Increasing Your Self-Caring and Self-Compassion
- Today, I have an excerpt from an interview with Dr. Joanna Dudek from our Lipedema & Keto Worldwide Summit held in 2017.
- Dr. Dudek is a psychologist and nutritionist who specializes in contextual behavioral therapies such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP).
- She conducted research on psychological aspects of living with lipedema as a PhD student at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw, Poland where she is now an instructor.
- Joanna also serves on the Medical Advisory Board for the Lipedema Project.
- In this excerpt, Dr. Dudek talks about psychological flexibility and how this practice allows women with lipedema to have a meaningful life despite having a chronic illness.
- She describes some small actions women can take to increase their self-caring and self-compassion.