Saturday, January 9, 2021 - Episode 183
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Development of a Questionnaire and Screening Model for Lipedema
- Today, I’d like to tell you about a study conducted by a group of physicians in Sao Paolo, Brazil called Development of a Questionnaire and Screening Model for Lipedema, published in the Jornal Vascular Brasileiro in December 2020.
- The authors reported about the process of developing a screening tool that could be used with a high degree of accuracy to predict a diagnosis of lipedema either from individual questions on the questionnaire or from the total score.
- They were able to accomplish this with 91% accuracy with a total score, and up to 86% accuracy with an individual question.
- This is a simple, easy to use tool for medical providers who don’t think they’re knowledgeable or experienced enough to confidently make a diagnosis of lipedema.
- I look forward to this questionnaire being available to clinicians around the world.