Sunday, January 3, 2021 - Episode 177
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Research on Treatment Options for Lipedema
- Research by Philipp Kruppa and colleagues from Germany titled Lipedema Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options.
- It was published in Deutsches Ärzteblatt International in May 2020.
- The authors suggest that since lipedema is a chronic condition, this may lead to a feeling of helplessness and depression.
- It was found that both appearance-related distress and depression are significant factors in the quality of life.
- This is important research as it helps us to understand how lipedema can affect all areas of women’s lives, and how we must do more to prevent weight bias with healthcare providers and in society in general.