Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - Episode 172
By: Belinda Fettke
How Corporate Interests and Religious Ideology Influence the Food We Eat
- Today, Belinda Fettke talks about the collaboration of corporate interests and religious ideology that promote a high carb plant-biased eating plan.
- Belinda Fettke has always had a longstanding and keen interest in the preventative aspects of health and well-being having nursed in the public health system in the past.
- Belinda has spent the last seven years researching the vested interests and religious ideology shaping the ‘plant-biased’ dietary and health guidelines after her husband, Dr. Gary Fettke, was reported to the Medical Board of Tasmania, Australia in 2014 for recommending people reduce sugar and processed carbohydrates to improve their health outcomes.
- Belinda was determined to clear his name of any wrongdoing.
- Although all charges against Gary were dropped in 2018, Belinda has continued to question the pro-cereal/grain and anti-animal protein/fat messaging and its origins.
- Her research has been recognized locally and internationally with invitations to speak in Australia, the US, and in Europe.