Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - Episode 165
By: Dr. Med. Gabriele Faerber
Dietary Recommendations for Lipedema Patients
- Dr. Gabriele Faerber talks about her use of a ketogenic diet to help women with lipedema in her clinic in Germany and she shares her dietary recommendations she gives to her patients.
- She also talks about how her patients respond to a ketogenic diet.
- After first training and working as a general practitioner, Dr. Faerber specialized in phlebology in 1989 and in lymphology in 1998.
- In 2008, she qualified in nutritional medicine and has since then focused on the treatment of overweight and obese patients with lymphatic disorders and lipedema.
- Her scientific interests include the connection between obesity, inflammation, and metabolic disorders; vascular and lymphological diseases; and lipedema.
- Currently, she is a board member of the German Societies of Lymphology and Phlebology, and she has been appointed to help draft a revision of the German lipedema treatment guidelines.