Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - Episode 158
By: Joanna Dudek, PhD
Dealing with Negative Reactions and Comments about your Struggles with Lipedema
- Joanna Dudek is a psychologist and nutritionist who specializes in contextual behavioral therapies such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP).
- She conducted research on psychological aspects of living with lipedema as a PhD student at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw, Poland where she is now an instructor.
- Joanna also serves on the Medical Advisory Board for the Lipedema Project.
- Joanna talks about concrete tips for dealing with people who make hurtful or rude comments about your struggles with lipedema.
- And advised on using these tools to cope with other people’s reactions: Explain. Reassure. Reflect.