Saturday, December 5, 2020 - Episode 148
By: Antonia Chen, MD
Lipedema, Knee Arthritis and Surgery
- Today we have Dr. Chen who talks about lipedema, knee osteoarthritis, and surgery.
- In lipedema, you can’t put your legs together because your legs just don’t allow you to do so.
- And because lipedema affects the legs, if you have hip and knee arthritis, it becomes a big challenge if you want to undergo surgery.
- A study has shown that just arthritis alone reduced lymphatic vessels and increased the amount of fluid in the extremities.
- The depth of fat tissue makes a difference in the surgery outcome, and reducing fat deposits in certain areas could increase your range of motion.