Monday, January 22, 2024 - Episode 1290
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema and Venous Disease
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by two physicians in France.
- The paper is titled, Frequency of lipoedema in patients consulting a vein clinic for mild to moderate superficial venous disorder with symptoms: A retrospective analysis.
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal Journal of Vascular Medicine in April 2023.
- This study aims to understand the frequency of lipedema in female patients who come to a vein clinic with chronic leg pain.
- The authors comment that because lipedema remains largely underrecognized and misdiagnosed, it is important to know how often patients with lipedema come to vein clinics.
- Download the blood pressure pamphlet HERE