Monday, November 9, 2020 - Episode 122
By: Raeann Sparks, BFA, BEd
Biohacking Lipedema with Cycling
- I was a lifeguard and a swimming instructor who bicycle commuted to work every day but my lipedema still progressed to stage 3.
- At age 55, I had run myself into a wheelchair with both knees broken but I was denied knee replacement for being too fat.
- My orthopedic surgeon prescribed at least 15 minutes of cycling daily to keep knees lubricated.
- I rode my stationary bike, and bicycle commuted to work.
- I also walked & swam in a cycling motion.
- I can now walk a mile unaided and continue to use cycling to maintain my mobility.