Thursday, October 29, 2020 - Episode 111
By: Raeann Sparks, BFA, BEd
Biohacking Lipedema with Pain Management
- Always trying to battle my weight, I tried to outrun my lipedema as an avid recreational runner.
- At 55, I had run myself into a wheelchair, but I was denied knee replacement for being too fat.
- It was important for me to recognize that I could greatly improve my mobility even without knee replacement surgery, but I needed pain management to allow me the relief I needed to begin to fight.
- I used guaifenesin, ketoprofen & cortisone injections.
- But my most effective pain therapy was from the ketones my liver made me during extended fasting, intermittent fasting, and the ketogenic way of eating.
- With this pain management strategy, I achieved a gradual progression from my wheelchair to unaided walking distances.
- And I continue to use ketogenic pain management to maintain my mobility.