Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - Episode 102
By: Gail Straker, BEd
The Protocols of 16/8 and 18/6
- The terms of 16/8 and 18/6 are used to express basic intermittent fasting times.
- These are ratios that express the number of hours you have fasted to the number of hours you feast.
- On 16/8, you fast for 16 hours and feast for 8 hours.
- The 18/6 extends the fasting time by 2 hours and shortens the feasting window by 2 hours.
- This keeps the insulin production lower, and by doing so, most people find that they’re not as hungry.
- Pick a couple of days this week, and try a fasting protocol that you haven’t tried before.