Monday, October 19, 2020 - Episode 101
By: Nobuhle Williams, MBA
My Lipedema Journey - How I regained My Health and Mobility
- Today I’d love to give you a brief background about my lipedema journey.
- In December 2018, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lipedema, with a component of lymphedema.
- This disorder combined with other comorbidities, hindered my mobility, to the point where I could no longer stand or walk for more than five minutes. And oftentimes, the pain was unbearable.
- I began to apply traditional treatment which initially consisted of MLD, wrapping, swimming, and low carb eating.
- After about 3 months or so, I switched to a KETO way of eating, increased my swimming regimen, and began using a pneumatic pump.
- Combining these various treatments has improved my mobility, increased my confidence, and helped me lose approximately 90 lbs.
- If you’ve begun treatments, I strongly recommend you maintain compliance and be consistent.
- Your patience and diligence will open up a world of potential for you to regain health and quality of life.