MasterClass: Food Addiction Part 1
Saturday February 15, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EST
with Joan Ifland, PhD & Catherine Seo, PhD
Food Addiction Part 1: The Hidden Barrier to Resolving Lipedema
NOTE: The recording of this webinar is now in Our TRIBE Community library.
Our Lipedema TRIBE Community
Together is better. Together we are stronger and can support one another.
All of our webinar recordings plus many more resources are available at your convenience in our library. There's also lots of support in the community. For more info about our TRIBE community: https://masterclass.mykajabi.com/lipedematribe/
- Processed foods are responsible for over 125 medical conditions
- Processed food addiction is NOT related to childhood issues, emotional eating or self-sabotage
- Tobacco industry started taking over processed food industry and used the same model to addict us
- Babies start with processed food as infants
- We are inundated with commercials and triggering store environments to keep eating processed foods
- Processed foods hijack our brain, so we stay stuck in the addiction cycle
- Seek out like-minded individuals who are in recovery and spend time with them, many hours a day
- Your mirror neurons copy what the people around you do
- The company you keep can save your life from processed foods or any habit you want to change
- Cravings, stress, impaired brain and neuro-marketing keeps us stuck in the cycle of processed food addiction
- Always continue to educate yourself, reach out and ask questions, and consider a grocery delivery service
- It really isn’t your fault and you are not alone!
JOAN IFLAND, PhD
Dr. Ifland will present on February 15.
Dr Joan Ifland is the CEO of Food Addiction Training, L.L.C. She received her MBA from Stanford University and a PhD in Interdisciplinary Studies with a specialization in Addictive Nutrition from the Union Institute & University. She has innovated in the field of recovery from food addiction.
Dr. Ifland co-edited and co-wrote the textbook about processed food addiction, Processed Food Addiction: Foundations, Assessment, and Recovery.
She was the first chair of the Food Addiction Council for the American College of Nutrition. She currently runs online approaches to recovery - Addiction Reset Community, as well as the Facebook Group, Food Addiction Education. Joan is also a food addict in recovery. She keeps busy speaking at conferences such as ‘Low Carb U.S.A.’ and developing training to educate professionals to recognize/treat processed food addiction.
Hosted by Catherine Seo, PhD
CATHERINE SEO, PhD is Founder & Director of Lipedema Simplified & The Lipedema Project and a professor of psychology. She produced and directed the documentary, The Disease They Call FAT, and was a co-author of the book, Lipedema-The Disease They Call FAT: An Overview for Clinicians. She holds a doctorate in Psychology with a concentration in Media. Catherine has lipedema, lymphedema, has struggled with obesity, and had a total hip replacement on September 4, 2019.
The Lipedema Project has evolved from the early work of Lipedema Simplifed and has more extensive information about lipedema. Please visit http://lipedemaproject.org/ to learn more.