Thursday, November 10, 2022 - Episode 852
By: Matthew Carmody, MD
Interventions in Managing Lipedema
- Today, I have an excerpt from a presentation by Dr. Matthew Carmody as part of Lipedema Simplified’s Lipedema Awareness Month Summer Bootcamp on June 24, 2022.
- Dr. Carmody is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and a Diplomat of the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
- He recently retired from his practice as an Internal Medicine practitioner to focus on lipedema and obesity medicine.
- In this excerpt, Dr. Carmody talks about the challenge of lipedema and the intrinsic wisdom that each woman has about her own body.
- He also discusses some interventions to manage lipedema such as compression therapy and how it may help.