Monday, July 18, 2022 - Episode 737
By: Matthew Carmody, MD
Diuretics vs Compression
- Today, I have an excerpt from a presentation by Dr. Matthew Carmody during the Lipedema Simplified Summer Boot Camp as part of Lipedema Awareness Month in June 2022.
- Dr. Carmody is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and a Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
- He recently retired from his practice as an Internal Medicine practitioner to focus on lipedema and obesity medicine.
- In this clip, Dr. Matthew Carmody introduces us to the adipocyte and the pathophysiology of lipedema.
- He explains why diuretics don’t help with fluid congestion and why compression does.