Saturday, September 19, 2020 - Episode 071
By: Catherine Seo, PhD
Lipedema is a Woman’s Disease and Thank You Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- I’d like to honor the life of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Her impact in our culture is undeniable as she stood for equality across all dimensions, especially around gender dimensions.
- Justice Ginsburg’s passing brings me to reflect on the fact that lipedema is primarily a woman’s disorder.
- She said, “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
- Especially those of us dealing with lipedema, have that as personal experience since many of us spent years trying to get a diagnosis.
- Perhaps today, we can remember her as one of the forces behind the impetus for us women, to find our place in the world.