Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - Episode 067
By: Carol "Rosey" Rowsemitt, PhD, RN, FNP
- Today I’m going to tell you that there are a lot of right ways to eat and a lot of right behaviors to lose weight, but it depends upon who you are.
- A lot of the work in nutrition is epidemiological work.
- These types of studies help us by giving us hints that certain things are related, but these studies do not prove cause and effect.
- An important study based on epidemiology is the National Weight Control Registry here in the US.
- This is a long-term study of people who have lost at least 30 lbs. and kept it off for at least 1 year.
- Keep an open mind to what might be of value for you, but don’t be too swayed by studies done on the general population because your body is different.