Thursday, January 20, 2022 - Episode 558
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Norwegian LipoDiet Study
- Today I’d like to tell you about research that was performed by the Nutrition Department at the University of Oslo in Norway.
- The paper is called: Effect of a ketogenic diet on pain and quality of life in patients with lipedema: The LIPODIET pilot study.
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal Obesity Science & Practice in December 2021.
- One of the authors, Dr. Siren Nymo presented the results of this study at our Ketogenic Solution for Lymphatic/Fat Disorders virtual symposium that was held in November 2020.
- The objective of this research was to assess the impact of a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet on pain and quality of life in patients with lipedema.
- This paper is important for women with lipedema because it confirms what we have been seeing anecdotally for over 5 years.
- Many women with lipedema report improvements in pain management and weight loss using a ketogenic diet when low fat low calorie diets have always failed.