Tuesday, December 7, 2021 - Episode 514
By: Matthew Carmody, MD
- Today, I have an excerpt from a presentation by Dr. Matthew Carmody at our Innovative Solutions for Lipedema & Lymphedema virtual symposium that was held in October 2021.
- Dr. Carmody is an internist and Obesity Medicine Specialist.
- He is on the faculty at the Harvard Medical School and had been assessing and treating lipedema for many years prior to his retirement a few years ago.
- In this excerpt, Dr. Carmody talks about recognizing and acknowledging anti-fat bias.
- He believes that obesity is not a choice and patients need to be treated with more compassion and respect.