Friday, October 29, 2021 - Episode 475
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema and Nutrition: What’s the Link?
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by Drs. Roberto Cannataro and Erika Cione in Italy. The paper is called: Lipedema and Nutrition: What’s the Link?
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal ACTA Scientific Nutritional Health in November 2020.
- These researchers have published other papers about the efficacy of a ketogenic diet in reducing inflammation.
- In this article, they suggest that one of the potent interventions to reduce inflammation, and thus the symptoms of lipedema, is ketogenic nutrition.
- The authors specifically state that gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance is accommodated very well with this way of eating.
- They encourage clinical trials to test the hypothesis that this diet would work.