Friday, August 6, 2021 - Episode 391
By: Siobhan Huggins
Analyzing the Misdiagnosis in Patients with Lipedema
- Today, I have an excerpt from a free webinar with Siobhan Huggins that was provided by Lipedema Simplified during Lipedema Awareness month in June 2021.
- Siobhan is a young woman in her 20’s who discovered she had lipedema just recently in September 2020.
- At the time of her diagnosis, she was already using a keto diet and had lost a great deal of weight.
- In this excerpt, she wonders if she was only diagnosed because of the weight loss, and are there many women who are misdiagnosed as obese?
- Additionally, she speculates that a selection bias may result in a bias in lipedema research.