Sunday, July 4, 2021 - Episode 358
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Cytokine Profile of Lipedema Fat
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a group of researchers from Western Europe.
- The paper is called: A Distinct Cytokine Profile and Stromal Vascular Fraction Metabolic Status without Significant Changes in the Lipid Composition Characterizes Lipedema.
- It was published in the peer-reviewed journal International Journal of Molecular Sciences in March 2021.
- The aim of this study was to examine if lipedema fat was molecularly different from non-lipedema fat and it had some interesting results.
- In conclusion, the authors suggest that there is a distinct cytokine profile present in lipedema.
- This study is important for women with lipedema because their results offer an opportunity to understand better how the symptom relief after surgery may come about and how systemic changes are potentially linked to specific immunological components.