Thursday, August 13, 2020 - Episode 034
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Biomarker for Lymphatic Dysfunction Identified
- Today we discuss a research paper published in JCI Insight by Ma and colleagues in June 2020, titled “Platelet factor 4 is a biomarker for lymphatic-promoted disorders.”
- The study included Dr. Stanley Rockson at Stanford University and Dr. Guillermo Oliver at Northwestern.
- The aim of this study was to identify a biomarker to identify lymphatic dysfunction.
- Another aim of this study was to more accurately diagnose lipedema
- This research further substantiates that lipedema is a lymphatic disorder.