Thursday, June 10, 2021 - Episode 334
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Instruments that Assess the Outcomes of Treatment for Lymphedema and Lipedema
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a group of researchers in Switzerland.
- The paper is called: Cross-Sectional Validity and Specificity of Comprehensive Measurement in Lymphedema and Lipedema of the Lower Extremity: a Comparison of Five Outcome Instruments and was published in a peer-reviewed journal Health Quality and Life Outcomes in July 2020.
- This study aims to evaluate five instruments that can be used to assess the outcomes of treatment for lymphedema and lipedema.
- The authors wanted to see if these instruments were valid measures of the various aspects and health dimensions of lymphedema and lipedema, as well as to determine the ability to differentiate between these two conditions.
- This study is important for lipedema because it informs the healthcare providers who treat the women about good assessments that they may want to look into for use in their practice.