Friday, May 14, 2021 - Episode 307
By: Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Lipedema & Health Related QoL
- Today I’d like to tell you about a paper by a group of researchers in Rome, Italy.
- The article is called: The effect of lipedema on health‑related quality of life and psychological status: a narrative review of the literature.
- It was published in the medical journal Eating and Weight Disorders – Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity in May 2019.
- The objective of this review was to evaluate, summarize and discuss the available literature concerning health-related quality of life and psychological status in patients with lipedema.
- The results of this review point out the need for clear and timely information to help patients and caregivers.
- It has also brought to light the necessity to find a comprehensive definition of lipedema to correctly evaluate and treat the disease.
- This also highlights the need for a comprehensive and holistic approach to the management of lipedema that encompasses all aspects of the condition.