Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - Episode 025
By: Carol "Rosey" Rowsemitt, PhD, RN, FNP
Whether Challenges in Weight is Biological or Psychological in Nature
- Most of our early thoughts were that people who suffered from weight problems had psychological issues and/or a history of abuse.
- But we now understand more about the biology of appetite.
- With lipedema, we know the problem starts as a biological one. But with society’s big dose of shame for weight problems, it’s hard not to develop psychological issues along the way.
- Weight challenges are often a combination of biological and psychological factors.
- We need to work together to help you sort out what your challenges are