Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - Episode 018
By: Carol "Rosey" Rowsemitt, PhD, RN, FNP
Keto Way of Eating and the Famine Response
- When you don’t get enough food to support your current weight, your brain recognizes the lack of food and decreases the number of calories burned.
- It also increases your interest in food.
- A keto way of eating helps with both sides of the famine response.
- It’s not all about metabolism. Other things can cause plateaus.
- Losing weight and keeping it off requires a multidimensional view.
- Start listening to your body because you may be suffering from the famine response.