Friday, December 25, 2020 - Episode 168
By: Catherine Seo, PhD and Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA
Christmas Food Reflections: Staying in Ketosis over the Holidays
- We just wanted to greet everyone a Merry Christmas. It’s been a challenging year with the pandemic.
- I was thinking about the foods that we associate with family time.
- I can remember growing up how part of my Christmas morning was eating Christmas cookies.
- When I think back to the meals my grandmother used to make, I never particularly liked the hyper-sweet stuff that was also associated with Christmas.
- There’s such freedom in having let go of carbs because I’d always be bloated and uncomfortable, and I would eat too many.
- My wonderful meal tomorrow is focusing on scallops wrapped in bacon and feeling like I’m gonna end the day feeling as good in my body as I started the day.
- Thankfully we can all still be together through other ways of still connecting over this time.
- We’re so glad that you’re all with us and that we’re able to share this time with you.
- Have a very safe Holiday, and do what you can to stay in ketosis.