Sunday, October 25, 2020 - Episode 107
By: Raeann Sparks, BFA, BEd
Biohacking Lipedema - Compression
- Living with undiagnosed and untreated Lipedema, I tried to outrun it as an avid recreational runner.
- By age 55, I had run myself into a wheelchair with osteoarthritis and fully replaceable knees.
- Both knees were broken, but I was denied knee replacement for being too fat.
- It was important for me to recognize that I could greatly improve my mobility even without knee replacement surgery.
- One effective biohack I discovered was medical-grade graduated compression.
- I needed to support my knees and keep my lymphatics pumping to decrease pain and increase mobility, but I was unable to find a knee brace to fit my disproportionate knees.
- I trialed many types and strengths of compression leggings and stockings, and finally settled on 30/40 weight graduated compression stockings as my best knee bracing and knee pain relieving system.