What is Lipedema?
Lipedema, the disease they call fat, is a chronic fat/lymphatic disorder that affects 17 million women in the USA and as many as 350 million women worldwide. It is often mistaken for simple obesity. Generally under-recognized and misdiagnosed, symptoms include pain, swelling, and weight gain disproportionately distributed in the thighs, buttocks, legs, and hips with a smaller upper body.
These Alexa Flash Briefings are mini podcasts of 3-5 minutes that offer news, updates, research tidbits, and overall self-care tips and tools to manage this chronic disease.
Join our team of coaches, mentors, and experts in learning, connecting, gathering tips and tools, and even laughing now and again – day-by-day. There is hope. You can manage your fat/lymphatic disease and live a glorious life.
NOTE: Megan Pfeffer is no longer associated with Lipedema Simplified or The Lipedema Project. We no longer recommend or endorse Megan or her work.
Options to listen to our Alexa Flash Briefings/mini-podcasts:
- Follow Living Well with Lipedema on Amazon Music and get new episodes when they become available.
- Add the briefing to your Alexa Echo or your Alexa Dot (“Alexa, add Living Well with Lipedema Flash Briefing“).
- You can also download the Alexa app and search for the Living Well with Lipedema flash briefing. Click “enable”. Then tap the Alexa button in the lower center of the app and say “Alexa, play my flash briefings.”
- You can bookmark our flash page (https://lipedema-simplified.org/flash/) and come to listen to one, several, or all of our flash briefings.
- You can subscribe to Living Well with Lipedema on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts.
Our Flash Briefers, Mentors/Coaches
Catherine Seo, PhD; Leslyn Keith, OTD CLT-LANA, Gail Straker, BEd more info click here…
DISCLAIMER: The information in Living Well with Lipedema Flash Briefings is provided for informational and educational purposes only.
Send us a quick message
Love it? Not so much? Ask a Question? Have a Comment?
Press the button below to ask a question, make a comment, or tell us a joke!